Oakes Bros. is a leading JCB and New Holland agricultural dealer covering Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, West Sussex and Wiltshire.
From our four regional depots, we provide our customers with a professional, comprehensive sales experience, first-rate aftersales service and support.
Details of all our current vacancies are available here along with information about how to apply.
Sales Trainees x 3 - Winchester, Salisbury, Abingdon
How would you like to work for an established, progressive company selling world class brands such as JCB and New Holland?
Who we're looking for:
We're currently seeking a highly-motivated Sales Trainee to be based at each of the following locations:
- Our Micheldever depot (Head Office) near Winchester, Hants.
- Our Coombe Bissett depot near Salisbury, Wilts.
- Our East Ilsley depot near Abingdon, Oxon.
These exciting and rewarding roles offer a superb opportunity to embark on or progress your sales career in the agricultural industry working alongside our world-leading partners that include JCB, New Holland, Kuhn and others.
The roles will be mostly office-based for 12-24 months to build knowledge and skills and to support the existing sales team. Once the training has been successfully completed a territory will be allocated along with a company car.
- To learn and understand the key elements involved in delivering practical solutions into the agricultural, horticultural and related sectors
- To develop and maximise sales opportunities, respond to customer inquiries and build lasting relationships
- To accurately monitor and manage the sales process from planning to delivery
- To ensure all customer requirements and timeframes are met
- To identify new product/market opportunities
- To attend exhibitions, trade shows, supplier meetings and site visits and to represent the company as required
- Previous sales experience
- Knowledge of the agriculture/horticulture sector is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of computer literacy
- Strong organisation skills
- Easy access to your designated territory
- A full driving licence
- A competitive salary
- A company car (after training)
- A company pension scheme
- A laptop, iPad and smartphone
- On-going training and development
This position offers an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the successful applicant. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply with a covering letter and your CV to:
Richard Haines, Business Development Director
Tel: 07768 774 935
Trainee Agricultural Service Manager - Horsham
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Trainee Agricultural Service Manager at our Horsham depot in West Sussex. Reporting to the Group Service Manager, the role involves assisting in the day-to-day running of our busy service department.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will be:
- A strong team player
- Computer literate
- Able to operate on their own initiative
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to manage a team of technicians
- Customer service focused with excellent communication skills.
- A competitive salary
- A company pension
- Management training will be provided to understand the key fundamentals of running a successful workshop including the KPIs that drive the workshop.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to grow their career with an established and expanding company.
For more information or to apply, send a covering letter and CV to:
Richard Hill, Group Service Manager
Tel: 01403 790 777