This privacy statement is created to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
Data Protection Act 1998
Use of your information
To the extent that we determine the manner and the purpose of processing, we acknowledge that we are a Data Controller (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) of your Personal Data. We undertake to act in accordance with the DPA at all times (including having in place adequate levels of security in respect of such data). We may use your personal information for the following purposes: (i) to identify you when you contact us; (ii) to help us administer, and contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future; (iii) to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information using data provided by you.
We retain the right to access, view and interrogate any telematics system operating on any goods including, without prejudice to the generality of the forgoing, the JCB LiveLink system or any successor system. We may use JCB LiveLink telematics system operating on such goods to verify their location, mode of operation, service history or/any other information held on the system regarding operation and/or performance of such goods.
Account applications: What we will do when you apply
In considering account applications, we will search your record at credit reference agencies, along with the record of your business.
If you provide us with false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, we will record this with fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
How we use agency information
Some information held by the credit reference agencies will be disclosed to us and other organisations to, for example:
- prevent fraud and money laundering, for example by checking details on applications for credit and credit-related or other facilities, proposals and claims for all types of insurance and job applications and employee records;
- recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts;
- manage credit accounts and other facilities;
- verify your identity;
- make decisions on credit, insurance and other facilities, about you, your financial associate(s), members of your household or your business;
- carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about credit and account management;
- check details of job applicants and employees.
We may also:
- record telephone conversations for security or training purposes. If we do, we will advise you at the time.
- send you information about products of ours and those of others we consider relevant and appropriate and may be of interest to you.
- send you this information using mail, telephone, e-mail or SMS unless you specify a preference.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.oakes.uk.com
Your IP address is used to help identify you and your enquiry and to gather broad demographic information. We use small text files to deliver content specific to your interests and to save your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our site. Each text file is encrypted for your security.
Our site's enquiry form requires users to give us contact information (like their name and email address) and to request information, products, and services. We use the customer contact information from the enquiry form to send the user orders, information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
This site contains links to other sites. Oakes Bros. Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Oakes provides our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. Should you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications users should email: firstname.lastname@example.org and request the removal of their information from our database so as not to receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact by email to: email@example.com